In Adamsons Footsteps Kenya Safari
Footsteps of Adamson Kenya Safari Experience
Follow in the footsteps of Joy Adamson with this 10 Day Kenya Safari using a combination small camps, scheduled and light aircraft transfer flights around Kenya. This Classic Kenya Safari strikes a good balance between the less-visited game parks and Kenya's better-known game reserves.
You cannot travel to Kenya without including a visit to the iconic Masai Mara. The choice of locations is all about seclusion and exclusivity. Ever-changing landscapes range from the arid Samburu to the watercourses of the Meru Plains.
Adamson raised a Lion called Elsa who she rehabilitated and was made famous through the book and movie Born Free. Start your journey in Nairobi before heading to the Meru National Park where Adamson trained Elsa how to live in the wild. Explore the area on 4×4 game drives, take to the skies on a balloon flight, walk among the plains game or experience the thrill of a night game drive in search of nocturnal hunters.
Footsteps of Adamson Kenya Safari Highlights
- Fly across Kenya and stay in luxury eco camps
- Explore Kenya’s wildlife areas on bush walks, day and night game drives
- Observe the Northern Kenyan semi-arid species, gerenuk, Somali ostrich, Beisa oryx, Grevy’s zebra and reticulated giraffes
- See endangered black and white rhinos in Meru National Park
- Follow the footsteps of George & Joy Adamson from “Born free” fame
- Witness the great migration in the Masai Mara, and observe the many predators that abound in the area
- Relish sumptuous gourmet feasts, whilst dining in style, out in the bush.
- Stay in safari camps that offer elegance and charm, outstanding views and service
Day 1: Meru National ParkView Lodge
This is a mini game drive that acts as an introduction to the region. After arriving and settling in, enjoy an al fresco lunch before an afternoon game drive.
Day 2 - 3: Rivers, Baobabs, Game Drives and WalksView Lodge
Explore the area, enjoying memorable wildlife encounters while daily guided game drives. See some of the smaller inhabitants of the bush while on a guided bush walk in the company of a knowledgeable guide.
Enjoy the lush riverine forests, coursing rivers and in contrast the vast dry open plains dotted with baobabs. Meru is a totally unspoilt part of Kenya, revel in the remote and rugged atmosphere found here.
Day 4: Samburu Game Reserve
On arriving in Samburu your guide will meet you and drive you to your camp, where you will spend the next 3 nights. En route you can enjoy a mini game drive.
After a delicious freshly prepared lunch you can embark on an afternoon game drive, searching for the large cats, including cheetah that is found here.
Day 5 - 6: Elephants and Birds
Game drives are a great opportunity to spot animals such as the gerenuk or the fastest animal on land - the cheetah. Wild dog sightings are also possible here.
Explore on foot and delight in a sumptuous bush breakfast on the banks of the Ewaso Nyiro River, whilst watching the prolific birdlife. Birds of the arid northern bush country are joined by a number of riverine forest species; over 450 species of birds have been recorded, it is a birders paradise.
Day 7: Masai Mara National ReserveView Lodge
After landing, a guide will meet you and drive you to the lodge. Between July to October, the Great Wildebeest Migration usually passes through the area. Game viewing, however, is excellent year round
Day 8 - 9: Predators and PreyView Lodge
Let a Maasai warrior introduce you to the secrets of the savannah on a guided bush walk. Start the day watching the dawn break, with coffee around the fire. Head out for an early morning game drive and watch the bush begin to stir for a new day.
Enjoy a sumptuous bush breakfast before heading back to camp. Laze in a hammock after lunch before heading out again for an afternoon game drive for more wildlife encounters.
End the days sipping on ice cold sundowners and watching the sun set in a blaze of glory, before having a tasty dinner back at camp.
Day 10: NairobiOn the final day of your Meru, Samburu & Mara Premier Safari there will be time for a last game drive in the Mara.
After breakfast before you are taken back to the bush airstrip to catch a flight to Wilson Airport in Nairobi, for your onward travel arrangements. Alternatively, speak to one of our Destination Specialists about booking extra night's accommodation in Nairobi.
- Return flights from Wilson Airport to Meru, Samburu and Masai Mara
- Shared road transfers to and from airports
- 9 nights accommodation in luxury safari lodges
- All meals including breakfast, lunch and dinner as per itinerary
- Local drinks including teas/coffees, soft drinks, local brand beers, local spirits and house wines
- Daily game drives in an open-sided 4WD safari vehicle
- Cultural visits and lecture on Samburu culture
- Guided bush walks
- Bush breakfasts/dinners and picnic lunches
- All meet and greet services
- Entrance and conservation fees for all reserves as per itinerary
- Premium branded drinks
- Optional activities, spa treatments and all other extras to be settled direct