This 7 Day East Africa Safari to Amboseli and Masai Mara allows you to experience the wildlife of two of the most scenic safari destinations in Kenya and enjoy sightings of elephants and wildebeest during the Great Migration.
Amboseli and Masai Mara Safari Experience
Stay in elegant accommodation and dine on tasty African inspired meals under the star strewn sky. Enjoy memorable wildlife encounters on your East African safari in the company of expert local guides who will track the animals and help you to spot some of the predators such as lion, cheetah and hyena that call this region home.
During your East Africa safari, set out on guided walks in search of the areas smaller creatures. There can be no more thrilling way to experience the African bush than walking along and spotting some of the many species of birds that live here. The guides will follow the animal tracks and talk about how the animals survive in the bush.
Amboseli and Masai Mara Safari Highlights
- Stay in luxury tented accommodation
- Fully inclusive of transfers, meals and drinks
- See the backdrop of snow-capped Mount Kilimanjaro in Amboseli
- Visit the Masai Mara, one of Africa’s greatest wildlife Reserves
- Explore the vast open plains of the Masai Mara which teem with wildlife
- Set out on thrilling game drives with experienced Masai guides
- Walk with the Maasai
Day 1: Postcard-perfect Amboseli
On this morning of your Amboseli and Masai Mara Safari, you will be driven to Wilson Airport and board a scheduled flight to Amboseli. After landing on the bush airstrip, a guide will be waiting to take you to the camp for the next three nights.
Accommodation is offered in elegant tented suites. After a refreshing lunch and settling in, set out on an afternoon game drive with a knowledgeable guide and tracker. Amboseli is renowned for its beautiful landscapes.
Day 2 - 3: Explore the Amboseli National Park
Spend the next couple of days exploring this reserve which has Mount Kilimanjaro, the World's tallest freestanding mountain presiding over it. The Park is home to a large herd of elephants which are known for their impressive tusks.
Spot wildlife on game drives and bush walks in the private concession during your Amboseli safari. Dine on tasty dishes under an umbrella thorn tree during a bush breakfast or gather round the campfire and reminisce about the day's adventure.
Day 4: Travel to the Masai Mara
In the morning of your East Africa Safari, enjoy one last game drive followed by breakfast, after which you will be driven to the airstrip to board a scheduled flight to Nairobi. At Wilson Airport, you will board another flight and travel to the Masai Mara.
After landing, a guide will drive you to the Mara safari camp for the next 3 nights. Accommodation is offered in elegant safari tents in an exclusive camp. After lunch and settling in, head out on a game drive in one of Africa's most iconic destinations.
Day 5 - 6: Discover the Masai Mara
The next couple of days of your East African safari will be spent game watching in the Mara, home of the Great Migration where 2 million wildebeest and zebra migrate in a continual search for fresh grazing and water.
The Masai Mara is also Big Cat country and sightings of predators such as lion are common. Set out on guided walks led by a knowledgeable Masai guide who will tell you about the drama of survival on the African plains.
Day 7: Nairobi and beyond
On the final day of your Kenya Masai Mara Safari, there will be time for a last game drive and last photos before breakfast. Then the guide will drive you back to the airstrip to catch a flight back to Wilson Airport.
Then you will either be driven to the Nairobi Airport for your onward travel arrangements or speak to one of our Destination Specialists about arranging accommodation in Nairobi or to the Kenyan coast.
- Road transfers from/to airport and airstrips
- Light aircraft flights between camps
- 3 nights’ luxury tented accommodation in the Amboseli National Park
- 3 nights’ luxury tented accommodation in the Masai Mara
- All meals including breakfast, lunch, snacks and dinner
- Drinks including soft drinks, bottled water, house wines, beers and selected spirits
- Morning game drives with experienced guides and trackers in custom designed 4x4 safari vehicles
- Evening game drives giving you the opportunity to spot nocturnal wildlife with a spotlight
- Guided bush walks with local walking guide
- Bush picnics and sundowners
- Light laundry service
- Park and conservancy fees
- Premium branded drinks (champagne, cellar wines and single malt whiskeys)
- Spa treatments, optional activities and extras not mentioned above