Our Kenya Luxury Safari offers a discerning safari experience for the seasoned traveller who is looking to experience East Africa at grassroots level while staying in luxury accommodation.
Kenya Luxury Safari Experience
From the hills of Mount Kenya to the sweeping plains of the Masai Mara, where the wide open vistas stretch for miles and every termite mound has a Topi standing sentry on it. Fly into the semi-arid region of Samburu, where you can see the desert adapted animals and rich cultural heritage of the colourful Samburu people.
Visit a private wildlife sanctuary tucked in a valley between the lofty slopes of Mount Kenya and the peaks of the Aberdare Mountains.Explore in 45,000 acres of reserve, sharing the space only with other guests from the lodge and the wild animals. Solio Game Reserve is internationally recognised as the most successful private breeding reserve for rhinos in Kenya
Kenya Luxury Safari Highlights
- Fly into three elegant safari camps and stay in some of Kenya's best wildlife areas
- Enjoy a wide variety of activities including game drives, night game drives, guided walks with Maasai warriors, a Samburu homestead visit, horse riding trails and camel walks
- Visit a private and exclusive wildlife sanctuary, famous for its rhino breeding successes
- Experience the lifestyle of both the Samburu and Maasai tribes with homestead and village visits
Day 1- 3: Samburu
On your first day of your luxury Kenya safari board a flight to the Samburu region in Kenya's northern wilds, which is rich in cultural history. This semi-arid region is home to Beisa Oryx, Gerenuk, Grevy’s zebra, reticulated giraffe and the Somali Ostrich.
Feel the heat; learn about the ecosystem and the harsh realities of life in African wilderness while on a walking safari with a Samburu guide.
For the more adventurous take a camel ride; or take a 5-hour walk along the banks of the Ewaso Nyiro River and fly camp in the wilderness, sleeping under the African stars.
Safari tours in Kenya are as much about the local culture as the wildlife and during your stay, there will be the opportunity to visit a local Samburu homestead and learn about their way of life. They are nomadic pastoralists who are renowned for their colourful dress and bead work.
Day 4 - 7: Mount Kenya
Enjoy a charter flight from Samburu to Solio Private Game reserve. As you land at the airstrip, a guide will meet you and take you to the lodge.
After a refreshing lunch made from fresh organic ingredients from the lodges own vegetable garden, and perhaps a siesta, you will head out for an afternoon game drive.
Over the next three full days of your luxury Kenya safari, take your time and explore the central region of Kenya. Guided
walks, mountain biking or horse riding are all available at Solio, a great way to see the wild game from a totally different perspective.
On this private game reserve, you can see an unbelievable amount of rhinos. It is common to see up to 40 rhino at one time here. You can try your hand at some trout fishing in the cold streams of the Aberdares. Alternatively, you can fly in a helicopter, as an optional extra, to a secluded picnic spot on Mount Kenya.
During your stay, you can go on night drives, where you can go looking for the elusive nocturnal animals that shy away during the daytime.
Day 8 - 10: Masai Mara
Head out to the airstrip for a scheduled flight to the Masai Mara. Upon landing you will be met by your guide and will head straight out on your first game drive in the wide open savannahs of the Mara, which teem with antelope such as wildebeest and Thomson’s Gazelles.
Explore this region over the next couple of days delighting in wildlife encounters, from the graceful giraffe to the mighty elephants and the Big Cats of the plains while on morning and afternoon game drives.
Day 11: Nairobi
On the final day of your Kenya luxury safari embark one last game drive, before heading to the airport after breakfast. Catch a flight back to Wilson Airport in Nairobi, for your onward travel arrangements.
Enjoy a game drive at dawn and watch the Mara come to life, then enjoy a bush breakfast surrounded by African game. Observe the wonders of an unpolluted sky and enjoy some spectacular star gazing.
Learn how to read the tracks of the bush whilst on a walk with a Maasai warrior, and fall asleep to the distant roar of a lion. Optional activities include a serene early morning flight in a hot air balloon or visiting a traditional Maasai homestead.
- Return flights from Wilson Airport to Mount Kenya, Samburu and Masai Mara
- Shared road transfers to and from airports
- Entrance and conservation fees for all reserves as per itinerary
- 3 nights accommodation in Sasaab luxury tented safari camp
- 4 nights accommodation in Solio Lodge
- 3 nights accommodation in Sala’s luxury tented safari Camp
- All meals including breakfast, lunch and dinner as per itinerary
- Soft drinks, house wines, house beers and house spirits
- Shared game drives, guided bush walks and camel walks,
- School/clinic/village/market visits
- Excursions to the Aberdare National Park, local farm visit, horse riding and mountain biking
- Bush breakfasts and sundowners
- All meet and greet services
- Champagne, luxury spirits, selected wines
- Aberdare National Park fees
- Optional activities, spa treatments and all other extras to be settled direct